identity of addition & multipllication, inverse of addition & multiplication, commutative of addition & multiplication, associative of addition & multiplication, distributive of multiplication over addition
Players discriminate among five addition or multiplication properties as illustrated with whole numbers, integers and rational numbers. The winner scores more points by building sequences of adjacent Equation Cards on the rows and columns of his play board.
Features and Benefits
Each Serious Play game . . .
- is available as a download.
- engages students in active learning.
- focuses on concepts central to arithmetic and algebra.
- incorporates the “fun factors” of chance and strategy.
- promotes abstract and quantitative reasoning.
- includes versions for a range of content knowledge and skill levels.
- provides mental math practice.
- prompts reflective thought about properties.
- introduces key vocabulary.
- facilitates “math talk.”
- supports, reinforces, and enhances classroom learning.
Each downloadable game contains . . .
- game description
- student-friendly play instructions
- game board and/or cards
- answer key
- blank game board and/or cards for teachers-generated versions
If you prefer to mail in your order, please fill out an order form accessible here.