Roll & Choose
Commutative Properties of Addition and Multiplication
Players use dice to generate one-digit addends or factors, choosing the most combination. They mark the resulting sum or product with their colored pencil or marker in the two correct spaces on a Game Board. The first player to fill four spaces in a row wins the game.
Features and Benefits
Each Serious Play game . . .
- is available as a download.
- engages students in active learning.
- focuses on concepts central to arithmetic and algebra.
- incorporates the “fun factors” of chance and strategy.
- promotes abstract and quantitative reasoning.
- includes versions for a range of content knowledge and skill levels.
- provides mental math practice.
- prompts reflective thought about properties.
- introduces key vocabulary.
- facilitates “math talk.”
- supports, reinforces, and enhances classroom learning.
Each downloadable game contains . . .
- game description
- student-friendly play instructions
- game board and/or cards
- answer key
- blank game board and/or cards for teachers-generated versions
If you prefer to mail in your order, please fill out an order form accessible here.