Distributive Property of Multiplication over Addition
Players multiply two numbers (generated by dice and board) by decomposing the second number into an indicated sum and then using the distributive property to multiply and add. The player who generates a score closest to, but not exceeding, the target number (100, 500, or 5000) wins the game.
Features and Benefits
Each Serious Play game . . .
- is available as a download.
- engages students in active learning.
- focuses on concepts central to arithmetic and algebra.
- incorporates the “fun factors” of chance and strategy.
- promotes abstract and quantitative reasoning.
- includes versions for a range of content knowledge and skill levels.
- provides mental math practice.
- prompts reflective thought about properties.
- introduces key vocabulary.
- facilitates “math talk.”
- supports, reinforces, and enhances classroom learning.
Each downloadable game contains . . .
- game description
- student-friendly play instructions
- game board and/or cards
- answer key
- blank game board and/or cards for teachers-generated versions
If you prefer to mail in your order, please fill out an order form accessible here.